A beautiful recumbent stone circle with the recumbent stone and two flankers still in place along with five other circle stones still standing. A fallen stone lies by the ring and three (or four) of the original eight (or nine) circle stones are no longer standing.
The recumbent stone is nearly 3 metres long and the standing stones are between 0.8 and 1.5m tall. The whole circle is about 24m in diameter.
Within the stone circle is a (very much robbed) ring cairn about 18m in diameter and with a clear court area in the centre about 6m in diameter. This was dug into in 1873 and a cist with some charcoal and bone fragments was discovered.
The photos are from 2000 (B&W) and 2003 (colour).