Looking west on the western slope of Wideford Hill is a chambered tomb dug into the hillside.
The tomb was excavated in 1849 by G.Petrie. The tomb was intact, but had been filled from a hole in the roof with rubble including animal bones (horse, cow, sheep, deer and pig).
The outer cairn has a diameter of about 42 feet. The inner chamber is about five feet wide and ten feet long at floor level, but much narrower at head height. There are side chambers to the north, east and south, and a long low entrance passage to the west. (This was the original entrance - present access to the tomb is through a hatch in the roof).
The tomb site is on a slope that was artificially flattened before construction.